The Brush Fountain Pen - Limited Edition 2022 | Echoes of Eaton
Sign up for restock notifications
Limited quantities available.
Celebrate change and look forward to the new roaring twenties with Ferris Wheel Press. Proudly presenting the first limited edition of their signature Brush Fountain Pen — Echoes of Eaton.
Taking inspiration from the most luxurious charmeuse satins, the Brush Fountain Pen now comes swathed in a smooth matte satin finish, while retaining its iconic silhouette. Record the next chapter of your life with style and sophistication, carrying the aura of glamour for every occasion.
Available in both fine and medium nib weights, the iconic custom engraved brass grip assembly will beautifully patina over time. Each fountain pen has been expertly handmade from copper, brass, and stainless steel for a well balanced yet substantial writing experience.
- Full copper body
- Intricately engraved brass grip
- Brass nut on cap
- Total length: 143mm
- Cap length: 57mm
- Grip length: 24mm
- Total weight: 23g
- Nib: Stainless Steel Medium Point OR Fine Point
- Length: 17mm
- Width: 7mm
- Filling System: Standard International sized piston converter with a ~0.75ml chamber
Once Upon a Design
Sauntering into 2022 with all the glamour and style of the Art Deco era, the first limited edition Brush Fountain Pen presents itself as the ideal writing companion to pen your new chapter in the new roaring twenties. In imagination of this beautiful and timeless edition, we drew inspiration from an Art Deco landmark, the historic T. Eaton Co. College Street building operated by Florence Eaton. The building itself was an integral part of her life, as she supported its creation, ultimately opening in 1930. As a lady ahead of her time, she was the author of her own fate, an influential figure in her community, and fulfilled an active role in Eaton’s department stores. Like Lady Eaton, grab life by the reins and steer into this new decade, writing your new chapter.
Notable design details:
- Inspired by famous Canadian Art Deco architecture- the T. Eaton Co. College Street building in Toronto
- The columns on the box draw influence from interior architectural details of T. Eaton Co. College Street, the original home of the Eaton's department store in Toronto, the namesake of this edition of the Brush Fountain Pen.
- Elements of nature representative of Canada; drawing inspiration from the naturalistic quality of Canadian art deco.
- DO NOT post the cap onto the back of the pen when writing. Our pen has been designed and balanced to write with the cap un-posted. Don't worry, the nut shaped cap will prevent it from rolling away
- The threads of the cap are brass so they can damage the satin if you post the cap
- Store pen vertically with the tip pointing upwards when not in use to minimize clogging
- The brass is designed to patina and age gracefully over time, and consistent use will ensure the finish stays brilliant. However, you can also use standard brass cleaner to restore the finish.
Filling your Brush Fountain Pen
- Unwind the grip from the barrel of the pen to reveal the converter
- Pull the converter off of the grip assembly
- Clean your nib and converter by rinsing it in cold water until water runs clear
- If the pen has not been in use for a few weeks, you may need to submerge the nib for an hour to loosen up the ink
- Air dry the nib and converter and reassemble when fully dry
- Twist the end knob until the piston is fully depressed
- Submerge the entire nib into the ink, and SLOWLY twist the piston to draw the ink until the converter is fully extended
- It is normal to have some small air pockets at the top of the converter.