Ginza Tsutaya Books | Magical Metropolis
Ferris Wheel Press has partnered with Tsutaya Books, Ginza, to bring to life the latest addition to the Curious Collaborations Series. Tsutaya Books is a historic lifestyle bookstore in Japan who has brought unique and artful experiences to their customers since 1983.
Ink Tone: Royal purple with bronze sheen
Characteristics: Rich, deep, saturated, glowing bronze sheen, mysterious, city glow
• 38ml ink reservoir
• Rich and saturated tones
• Bronze Sheen
• Water-based and compatible with all fountain pens
• Signature brass cap
Once Upon a Design
In the latest special edition ink series, the friendly animal cast of Ferris Wheel Press find themselves on a journey all the way to Japan, where they visit the home of Ginza Tsutaya Books in their award-winning building, the GINZA SIX.
In this collection, we start by appreciating the modern architectural elements of GINZA SIX, which also houses 13 of the most renowned luxury fashion brands in the world. We then venture into the stunning Tsutaya Books store, where our Canadian animal friends explore the wood and brass-clad stationery floor. Finally, we find ourselves arriving at one of Tsutaya Books' signature display cases, which showcase writing instruments, stationery treasures, and precious objects from all over the world. Discover all the details of their incredible shop through our latest Curious Collaborations Series ink collection.
Notable design details:
- Inspired by the GINZA SIX building in Japan
- Phoenix silhouette, statuesque icon that rests on the gas lamps found on the city streets in Ginza
- Stationery silhouettes incorporated into the architecture of the building, i.e., fountain pen nib, rulers as beams, paper clips as door handles, bulldog clips as chandeliers, letterpress blocks in windows, books spines as glass window panes
- 6 animals visiting from Canada, can you find them all?